Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elotes Mexicanos


Driving around the south side of Laredo, I saw something really neat and peculiar: street vendors were hawking corn on a stick to passing motorists. Naturally, I pulled over to try one out, and much to my surpise they were quite tasty. Surely, the Laredo Health Dept. would object to this type of food selling tactics, but from what I saw, they seem to have a large clientele. Cars came and went and their corn seems to be selling nicely (at least its just only corn, but im sure other things get sold as well, but I didnt observe that). So, hey, its all good. Two dollar 'elotes Mexicanos', in today's economy, that's not a bad deal at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

___debes de try one of those so called "mexican hot dogs", chingado, they are good, ...

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...