Raspas



The intense heat in this city is sometimes unbearable. The six months of summer that we have to endure can seem eternal at times. That is why rasperos play a very important function in Laredo society, for they destroy the heat with their quick, ice cold treasures. Kidding aside, as a kid every summer, I would listen cafefully for the ice cream truck music as I watched television. As soon as I heard it, I would run outside with my dollar in hand ready to buy whatever cold treat was readily available, wether it be a paleta, ice cream sandwich or raspa. Now that im all grown up (well, my significant other questions that last statement), I no longer wait for the ice cream truck, but rasperos still continue to play an important and vital service in this freaking heat. God bless em!

Comments

Popular Posts