Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raspas



The intense heat in this city is sometimes unbearable. The six months of summer that we have to endure can seem eternal at times. That is why rasperos play a very important function in Laredo society, for they destroy the heat with their quick, ice cold treasures. Kidding aside, as a kid every summer, I would listen cafefully for the ice cream truck music as I watched television. As soon as I heard it, I would run outside with my dollar in hand ready to buy whatever cold treat was readily available, wether it be a paleta, ice cream sandwich or raspa. Now that im all grown up (well, my significant other questions that last statement), I no longer wait for the ice cream truck, but rasperos still continue to play an important and vital service in this freaking heat. God bless em!

No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...