Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Northside Swimming

It's gonna be October and the mercury still breaks 100. Ah, Laredo, sweet Laredo, why do you do this to me?

Anyhow, it was so hot I decided to venture out of my usual Laredo barrio comfort zones and head north to use other peoples' swimming pools. The place I headed to was in North Laredo, Wwwaaaayyyy north, past Del Mar, to visit a few compadres in those new fancy condominium complexes off of McPherson Road. I won't reveal specifically which condos they are so as to protect the innocent. But, let me tell you, I like crashing other people's pools.

This is not uncommon for a barrio dweller like me. In fact, I've been doing it all my life. Except that a few years ago, there were not too many apartment complexes in Laredo that had swimming pools. Nowadays, there are plenty of choices.

And, sure enough, I found my sweet spot.

It is particularly appealing to hit the North Side pools during the middle of the day, when people are out and about doing real things like working or ferrying the kids to school. No one knows. Managers are non-existent and security measures are not too stringent.

Bottom line. I haven't gotten caught.

But, back to my excursion. I don't know that many people who have swimming pools in their homes. Sorry, that's just my lot in life. I do know people in rentals who have pools in their units, however. If. If you are ever asked about why you are there, all it takes is a name and an apartment number and voila, you are good to go.

That's just how I roll.

No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...