Monday, January 3, 2011

Quiero Volverte a Ver

 The Holidays are not my favorite time of the year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are just a downer for me. I'm actually glad to have them out of the way and I can go back to living it up, like its 1999.

I didn't used to be this way though. Christmas and New Year's Day used to be the raddest time of the year, now its just another expense. It's not that I want to be all Ebenezer-like, but that's just the way it goes these days.

I spent a night over at my Mother's house recently,  for reasons that you should not be concerned with, and I went to sleep in my old bedroom circa-1996. I was awaken early Sunday morning by the loud music that was still being played by one of my parents' neighbors. It turns out that their party had gone on well into the wee hours of the morning, so much so, that by 7am, they were barely finishing up their last can of Schlitz and jamming out to Fama.



I was used to those particular neighbors, for many a nights, back in the day, they had done just that. They would stay up drinking all night and listening to Tejano records.  They listened to Fama so much, they actually made me kinda like the band. And so it was again a couple of days ago. Me, trying to get some sleep in my old bedroom, but the next door neighbors playing Fama at 7am, still drinking the night (morning) away. I was awaken to the song of  "Quiero volverte a ver", and for s split second, I actually thought it was 1996 again, and I was a junior in high school and sleeping of a bad Plaza Disco hangover.

Unfortunetly, its 2011, and I was not hungover, just plain tired. Too bad. In any case, I leave you with this blog link (Tigre Texano), just in case you want to download some of that Fama stuff.

No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...