Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Times Story


The Laredo Morning Times continued its no-holds-barred approach to dealing with the criminal element by publishing a story on 10 delinquent dads who have not paid child-support.  Que gacho.  You add this to the "Johns" who have been caught on San Bernardo, the DWI arrests that number the city, and just about every other crime in Laredo and you have the recipe for public shaming.

Not everyone is happy though.  A few days ago, I heard my friend's dad, a retired government employee, rail against the LMT publishing only stories on crime and the criminal element.  I just sat there listening to him and nodding.  Yes, I wasn't listening as closely as I could have, but he was a little animated, to say the least.

I just wanted to go home.

Regardless, the Times will do what the Times does and continue to publish the names and faces of these perpetrators.  Even the pics with hickeys, no less.


In other Laredo news, I didn't know that Domino's delivered to 18-wheeler trucks.  Now that's service, folks.  Thumbs up to Domino's.

No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...