Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hard Work

My father always told me that with a little hard work I could accomplish almost anything. By and large, most people in Laredo are honest, hard-working, law-abiding citizens. Most of us are not like the media portray us; deceitful, uneducated, lazy drug lords. Unfortunately, the hard-working people of this city will have to keep toiling hard under the sun to try and erase that negative image.

It reminds me of the picture below. I took it several years ago as I caught construction worker taking a smoking break after a long day. He seems to want a better future and his eyes seem to scream with hope that that 'better future' is just around the corner and within grasp. That's the way it is with Laredo. Better days are definitely up ahead. Don't despair. Keep the faith Laredo.



No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...