Monday, September 7, 2009

Phonebooths in Laredo

You might be asking yourself, "Phone booths? What a lame-o topic". And, hell, you might be right. Its not a very a interesting blog post. Where it not for the fact that last Thursday I needed to locate a pay phone, and I couldn't for the life of me, find one that actually worked. Here is how things went.

You see, I wont lie to you. I'm a very careless person. I lose things quite easily. Its a gift from above. I also have a terrible memory; I lose track of names, numbers and sometimes of the subject of what I'm talking about. Like right now, ...what was the subject of this useless rant???..oh yeah, phone booths. Well, I lost my cell phone after carelessly leaving it at a friend's house, but I need to urgently make a phone call.



Well, I had a quarter in my pocket, and being that I live my life like its 1995, I thought I could just find a public phone really quick and make a phone call. Little that I know that a couple of things have changed since 95'. Much to my chagrin, phone calls now cost $.50 and it's getting harder and harder to spot a good, working public phone, preferably in an area where one is not likely to get mugged.

After driving around for for a good 20 minutes, I finally found a good phone and made my phone call. Later that day, I also got back my own cell phone. I think I am single-handily keeping T-Mobile in business for I have lost about 7 cell phones in a short span of 2 years. But, lesson learned. Don't lose my cell phone and always carry two quarters in my glove compartment. Just good luck in finding a good working phone booth for ET to phone home.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Dude, where the hell is that phone booth?

DeLaredo said...

Not sure anymore exactly where it is, but I seem to recall it's somewhere over in the west side behind LCC.

Anonymous said...

___ya no hay "fone booths", solo telefonos en las walls de los convenience stores . . .

Eddie Macon's Run in HiDef

 No doubt 1983 must have been an exciting time for movies in Laredo! Imagine hearing that big time TV star John Schneider, Bo Duke himself, ...