Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer 2014

Well, as you might have notice, I have been neglecting my blogging duties due to mostly my own gleeful laziness. But, having a week off for summer vacation finally gave me time to stop by and inform you about what has been going on with my life (not that it's any even remotely interesting).

1) This week off has given me some time to read. I was able to get a copy of Alan M Klein's book, "Baseball on the Border", and I have been finding the book quite interesting. This summer, with the TX Rangers having such an awful season, it's giving me more time than normal to dedicate to reading. Hopefully I can let you know what I think of the book in a couple of weeks after I'm done with it.

Picked it up on Ebay for 5 Bucks

2) I've also been catching up on my list of films to watch. It's great to sit back in the morning, drink a hot cup of coffee, kick my feet up and enjoy a quality movie. My GF seems to think that my taste in movies is *shit*, but I disregard her opinion, since she enjoys Mexican telenovelas, so that shows how much she knows. Some of the titles I've had to pleasure of watching include "The Mad Bomber", 1980's classic "Tuff Turf" and 1979's "The Boogeyman", all fine quality films. 

Feel free to borrow my VHS copy
3) Besides work, Grad school, the GF, my lovely Kid, and paying for stupid bills, my life has been pretty laid back.  I've renewed my interest in making my film, "CarrotHead 2", so you might actually see something from that this month (you have been warned).

4) I did some driving around with a buddy of mine, and we took plenty of pics of random things I found around town, but I figured I'd leave that for my weekend update. This town is just too funny!



No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...