Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Wraith (1986)

Every now and then, Netflix instant streaming actually surprises me with a decent title.  One such surprise was The Wraith, a movie that my brother and I would watch religiously back in 1986-7. The movie would play on CineMax (or HBO I can't recall) and we would catch it on those weekends when the channel offered a free preview or there was some extreme screw up at the billing department.



The soundtrack is pretty cool(Ozzy, Billy Idol, Motley), the special effects are Burger King-cheesy good, and it reminds me of the days when Charlie Sheen was actually cool (eons ago). The plot is really not important, other than to say that Sherilyn Fenn has a bikini scene (sweet!).


I bring up the movie for no apparent discernible reason other than to say that I just realized that I attended zero, ZERO WBCA events last month. I actually feel awful about that. What kind of Laredense skips the carnival, the parade and the Jalapeno festival? What kind of local blogger does not report during the most important  social event of the year? Why didn't I buy more bean dip?

 These questions were swirling around in my head as I was watching The Wraith and as I realized that I had not full-filled my duties as a blogger. But I won't dwell on it too much. I'll get back to my movie now, just had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

BorderTown Laredo

It has been over 10 years since the show aired, and its high time it got a bit of coverage on this old blog. But first I have to watch it. N...